To recognise our public transport workers who work round-the-clock and behind the scenes to ensure our public transport system is safe, reliable and comfortable for our commuters, the Land Transport Authority (“LTA”), in partnership with the Singapore Kindness Movement (“SKM”), Public Transport Operators, National Transport Workers’ Union (“NTWU”) and Health Promotion Board (“HPB”), will be celebrating the annual Public Transport Workers’ Appreciation Day (“PTWAD”) in November 2019. As part of PTWAD celebrations we are planning a series of initiatives to raise awareness and encourage commuters to show their support for our Public Transport Workers.
To encourage the future generation to join us in acknowledging their contribution to our efficient public transport system, the organising committee is launching a “drawing contest” amongst schools in Singapore.
Participants are to submit their drawings to acknowledge the Public Transport workers’ contributions to our public transport system or their hard work. The contest period will run from 1 August to 6 September 2019. The top three entries from each category will be showcased at our Public Transport Workers’ Appreciation Carnival in November 2019, with an award ceremony held for winners to receive prizes from the Guest-of-Honour.
HOW TO ENTER
- The contest is open to all primary and secondary students in Singapore.
- Entries must be submitted through their schools.
- Each entry must indicate Name, Age, School and Class, and a short paragraph to describe the drawing.
- Original hardcopy entries shall be submitted either personally or mailed to Land Transport Authority, 10 Sin Ming Drive, Bus Contracts 1, Singapore 575701.
- Each entry shall be submitted in A3-sized drawing paper, and must clearly and strongly convey the theme of the competition.
- Queries, if any, are to be emailed to [email protected].
- The Organisers will shortlist 10 drawings for voting under each category.
- Entries shall be judged based on the relevance, originality, creativity, and messages conveyed in the drawing.
- The shortlisted drawings will be posted on SKM’s “Kindsville” website for public voting.
- Online public voting will take place from 18 September 2019 to 18 October 2019 (11.59pm – Singapore time).
- Winners will be notified through their schools and be invited to receive their prizes from the GOH, with their teachers, at the Public Transport Workers’ Appreciation Carnival which will take place in November 2019.
- Prizes will be given in the form of vouchers and a Knackstop merchandise, detailed in the below table.
- All shortlisted entries will also be given a token of appreciation.
CONTEST TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions shall apply to the Public Transport Workers’ Appreciation 2019 Drawing Contest (hereinafter known as ‘PTWA 2019 Drawing Contest’) organised by the Organisers/LTA. Please read the terms carefully.
- By participating in this contest, participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- The PTWA 2019 Drawing Contest will be held between 1 August and 6 September 2019 (4.00pm – Singapore time), unless otherwise specified.
- This contest is open to all primary and secondary school students in Singapore.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions a contestant may make; however each winning participant will be entitled to one prize only.
- All entries must be specifically created/drawn for the purpose of the PTWA 2019 Drawing Contest.
- By submitting an entry, you warrant that your entry is your own original work; and does not contain materials that are obscene, defamatory or unsuitable for a general audience that may include minors; does not violate or infringe on copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other rights of any person or entity; does not feature the likeness of a private individual without that individual’s express written permission for its use; does not require any reporting or royalty obligation to any third party.
- The participants hereby give the Organisers/LTA an exclusive, perpetual and royalty-free right and licence to use, adapt, edit, display, modify, publish or otherwise make use of the submissions (in whole or in part) in Singapore or on any media deemed appropriate by the Organisers/LTA for any purpose whatsoever without any payment or compensation to the participants.
- By entering the contest, participants consent to the Organisers/LTA’s collecting, using and disclosing their personal data for various purposes including to communicate with the participants for the purposes related to the contest and publicity exercises. The Organisers/LTA shall be entitled to use every participant’s name and comments submitted by the participant for publicity purposes, including print, broadcast and online media.
- All prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable for any other item and shall be subject to such terms and conditions, which the Organisers/LTA may at its sole and absolute discretion, determine.
- The Organisers/LTA is allowed to, at its sole and absolute discretion, exchange or substitute the prize for another prize of similar or lower value without notice.
- Winners must collect the prizes personally from the GOH at the Carnival, with their teachers, in November 2019. The school may wish to send a proxy student should the winner be unavailable to collect the prize.
- Any prize that remains uncollected for two months shall be forfeited and no winner whose prize has been so forfeited shall be entitled to any compensation.
- The Organisers/LTA reserve the sole right and final decision to determine winners.
- The Organisers/LTA’s decision on all matters relating to the contest shall be final and binding. Except as expressly specified in these terms & conditions, the Organisers/LTA shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence concerning the ‘PTWA 2019’ Drawing Contest.
- Problems affecting competition: To the maximum extent permissible by law, the Organisers/LTA shall not be liable in any way to anyone if, for any reason, any aspect of the Contest is not executed as planned, including without limitation, by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause of whatsoever nature beyond the control of the Organisers/LTA which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. The Organisers/LTA may, without prior notice, at any time and in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, or invalidate any affected submissions, without being liable in any way to anyone.
- The Organisers/LTA reserves the right to amend or modify, at any time, any of these Terms & Conditions without prior notice.
Thank you and have fun with your creation!